Wavemaker India is growing faster than its China unit, recording a 50% increase in revenue in 2023 and nearly doubling its profit compared to 2019. The company’s growth is due to early investments in areas such as technology, data analytics, content, and commerce.
The Indian advertising market is expected to grow 14% in 2024, according to Wavemaker India CEO Toby Jenner. He also believes that Wavemaker India will outstrip industry growth. This is due to the company’s early investments in areas such as technology, data analytics, content, and commerce. The Indian market is attractive for global companies like Wavemaker due to its huge population.
Impact on Industries:
- Advertising: The growth of the Indian advertising market will benefit advertising agencies, media companies, and technology companies that provide advertising solutions.
- Retail: Retailers will benefit from the growth of the advertising market as they will be able to reach a larger audience and promote their products and services more effectively.
- Technology: Companies that provide technology solutions for the advertising industry will also benefit from the growth of the market.
Publicly Traded Companies and Industries:
- Advertising agencies: Wavemaker India, GroupM, Publicis, Interpublic Group, Dentsu, Omnicom, and Havas
- Media companies: Zee Entertainment Enterprises, Sun TV Network, Network18 Media & Investments, and Times of India
- Technology companies: Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys, HCL Technologies, and Wipro
Impact on Retail Investors:
- Retail investors should consider investing in companies that are poised to benefit from the growth of the Indian advertising market.
- They should also consider investing in companies that have a strong track record of innovation and are well-positioned to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the growth of the digital advertising market.
What Retail Investors Can Learn:
- The Indian advertising market is growing rapidly and is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.
- Companies that are able to innovate and adapt to the changing digital advertising landscape are well-positioned to succeed in this market.
The growth of the Indian advertising market is a positive sign for the Indian economy. It suggests that businesses are confident in the future and are willing to invest in marketing their products and services. This is likely to lead to increased job creation and economic growth.
Wavemaker India’s success is a testament to the company’s early investments in technology, data analytics, content, and commerce. These investments have allowed the company to develop a strong understanding of the Indian consumer and to provide effective advertising solutions.
The growth of the Indian advertising market is also being driven by the increasing popularity of digital advertising. Digital advertising is more targeted and effective than traditional advertising, and it is also more cost-effective. As a result, businesses are increasingly shifting their advertising budgets to digital channels.
The growth of the Indian advertising market is a positive trend for retail investors. Companies that are well-positioned to take advantage of this growth are likely to see their stock prices rise. Retail investors should consider investing in companies that have a strong track record of innovation and are well-positioned to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the growth of the digital advertising market.
Farooqui, Javed. “‘India Biz Growing Faster than China for WPP Co Wavemaker.’ The Economic Times, 22 Nov. 2023.” economictimes.indiatimes.com.